Monday, May 7, 2012

We have all thought it. Holder asked it. What's with the Rutger's players?


Tampa Bay Times writer Stephen Holder puts a tough question to HC Schiano. A question that probably a great deal of us have been wondering.  What’s coach Greg Schiano’s thinking behind bringing aboard numerous players he coached at Rutgers?
Schiano admits to having a comfort level with his former players. But he emphasized that he promises them nothing and said they’ll be held to the same standards as every other player.
“Some of the guys that I’m very familiar with, if they’re available and I think they have a chance to help us, (we’ll sign),” Schiano said. “But my previous relationships will never cloud my vision on what’s best for the Buccaneers. And that’s exactly what I share with them. ‘Look, I want you to be here. I want to see if it can work. I appreciate your skills and your work ethic.’
“But at the end of the day, I have one responsibility, and that’s to the Buccaneers. So I’m going to do what’s best for them. As long as everybody understands that going in – not that it’s easy when you have to tell somebody they can’t work here anymore – that’s the way it is. That’s professional sports. . . I make it clear to them out of the gate that I’m doing what’s best for the Bucs. If you’re good with that, then let’s roll. All of them understand.”
Here is the link to Holder's post in it's entirety:

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome. Trash talking is fine, but please keep it moderately clean. In order to comment you must sign-in. Our site is through Google and you will be directed through a one time secured sign-in process to obtain a user name. Thanks in advance.